Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Quiet House.....

I was upstairs putting away laundrey today and the house seemed a little too quiet. I always have to worry when the house is quiet, so I yelled down to him to see what he was doing. A few minutes later I was greeted with this face...That's chocolate. On his hands. On his face. On his clothes and in his hair. Chocolate that I had stashed at the back of the counter forgetting that Collin is getting taller and smarter by day.

I couldn't help but smile...at the fact that he was adorable (and edible)....and at his determination to find his own breakfast. After disguising the smile I looked at him with the best mom face I could pull out and asked him, "Collin did you eat that entire piece of chocolate before breakfast?" To which he responded, "no mom, Pete (the cat) had some too." I was no longer able to disguise my smile. Those are the clever answers I get these days. I kissed him and threw him into the tub.

No comments: